The following are resources developed to help our fisheries and seafood communities during the COVID-19 event. Please use these are needed, and contact your regional Sea Grant representative or janderson(at)agcenter.lsu.edu to add resources.
Sea Grant Resources:
- Tips for Commercial Seafood Harvesters When Handling Seafood During the Coronavirus Pandemic & in Spanish: https://www.lafisheriesforward.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/COVID_19-Fisherman-Fast-Fact_Spanish_access.pdf
- Guidance for Seafood Processing Plants During COVID-19 & in Spanish https://www.lafisheriesforward.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/COVID_SeafoodProcessingPlants_Spanish_access.pdf
- Resourced developed by Seafood specialist Evelyn Watts with other LSU AgCenter personnel. They are linked under COVID-19 Resources here: https://www.lafisheriesforward.org/dealers-processors/
- COVID-19 Information Signage for Customers and Employees
- Food Takeout and Delivery
- Response for Retail Store Managers
- New Hampshire
- New York
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program: https://floridadisasterloan.org/?utm_source=Upcoming+events+2020%2F3%2F18&utm_campaign=Events+3%2F18%2F20&utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR0uj00yxweCkEQNSiptRwgxeHfv8TTGKIkt5ApFxPOOIXvAaXGkOzhR1Ys
- Business Damage Assessment Survey: https://floridadisaster.biz/BusinessDamageAssessments?utm_source=Upcoming+events+2020%2F3%2F18&utm_campaign=Events+3%2F18%2F20&utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR0vnBvdtInSwUq16MTMsli2jVkur3Jp0zDRNx1zB2bQhd8v71IXrLP4JFE
- California (San Diego):
- FishLine, the #1 mobile application to discover Fresh, Local Seafood, celebrates its 8th birthday in 2020. As always, FishLine is free and available to help you communicate directly to the consumer about the new ways that you are marketing your seafood during the coronavirus crisis.